Improve your knowledge with eBoklib! Purchase Purchase Addicted to Exercise -When Movement Takes a Dangerous Turn – Nicole Garber, Jenni Schaefer Course just 36USD Course. Get the same full content as the sales page. You save UPTO 80%. We join Groupbuy AND always try to share knowledge with more people. Especially the quality is the same as salepage. You can buy directly at salepage, with full price. (link SALEPAGE are mounted directly on the post)
Addicted to Exercise -When Movement Takes a Dangerous Turn by Nicole Garber, Jenni Schaefer,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Nicole Garber | Jenni Schaefer
- 2 Hours 27 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Sep 08, 2020
Whether on its own or in collision with another mental health problem, pathological exercise is a serious and debilitating condition. Similar to substance use disorder, compulsive exercise can serve as a maladaptive coping strategy in response to increased arousal, hypervigilance, cognitive ruminations, and other trauma-related symptoms. Yet, in a society that glorifies more as better, movement that takes a turn to compulsive—and dangerous—is far too often missed and dismissed. Further, the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of pathological movement—a process addiction—can be complicated by the fact that balanced exercise provides clear health and healing benefits. From both a professional and patient perspective, this presentation discusses the intersection of exercise, trauma, substance use disorders, eating disorders, posttraumatic stress disorder, and suicide.
Utilizing neuroscience findings, the personality and temperament traits that increase an individual’s risk of developing compulsive exercise in response to trauma will be described. This unique presentation discusses evidence-based as well as alternative treatment approaches.
|Manual – Addicted to Exercise (1.7 MB)||69 Pages||Available after Purchase|
- Setting the Stage: How trauma can change the brain and how exercise, other process addictions, and substance use can become maladaptive coping strategies.
- Define compulsive exercise; address underlying temperament and history traits that make it more likely that someone will develop compulsive exercise.
- Discuss diagnostic criteria for compulsive exercise, including screening questions and specific assessment tools.
- Describe neuroscience findings: trauma effects reward and habit circuitry that may contribute to compulsive exercise and other addictive disorders.
- Discuss the increased risk of suicide with both addictive disorders and compulsive exercise.
- Describe treatment approaches for compulsive exercise.
- Share personal story of seeking treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder after recovering from anorexia nervosa (binge/purge type)—complicated by pathological exercise.
- Explain the positive and negative experiences of treatment with a succession of providers and modalities.
- Identify practical skills for developing a balanced relationship with exercise within the realm of both eating disorder and PTSD recovery.
Questions and Answers
Nicole Garber, MD, completed her general psychiatric residency at Emory School of medicine and her child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine. She is double board certified in general psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry and a fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. In addition, she has completed advanced trainings in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), psychodynamic therapy, mentalization based therapy, and Acceptance Commitment Therapy. She began her career at the Menninger Clinic where she developed the adolescent eating disorder track in addition to being an attending psychiatrist on the COMPASS Unit and providing individual therapy for 3 patients on the unit, and running 2 DBT groups per week. She then was the chief of the pediatric and adolescent eating disorder program at Rosewood Center for Eating Disorders. She was the medical director at Arizona’s Children’s Association where she is currently a member of the board. She is currently the Chief of Psychiatry at The Meadows Ranch. In addition to providing psychiatric care, supervising the medical and psychiatric providers, she also facilitates DBT groups weekly.
Financial: Nicole Garber is the Chief of Psychiatry at The Meadows Ranch.
Non-financial: Nicole Garber is a fellow of the American Psychiatric Association.
Jenni Schaefer is a Senior Fellow at Meadows Behavioral Healthcare and an ambassador for the National Eating Disorders Association. She graduated summa cum laude from Texas A&M University with a degree in biochemistry, and she knows firsthand the devastating consequences of an eating disorder. Since recovering from her own eating disorder, she has carried her message of self-acceptance and triumph over adversity to the public.
Jenni is the author of several books, including Life Without Ed: How One Woman Declared Independence from Her Eating Disorder and How You Can Too, and she has contributed to anthologies like the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. A sought-after speaker on addiction and food disorders, relationships, depression, and career, Jenni has appeared on Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz, the TODAY show and Entertainment Tonight, as well as in print coverage from Cosmopolitan and The New York Times. She is also a blogger for The Huffington Post, and her work has appeared in Publisher’s Weekly, The Chicago Tribune, Glamour, Shape, The Washington Times, Woman’s World, Seventeen, and more.
Financial: Jenni Schaefer is a senior fellow at Meadows Behavioral Healthcare. She is an ambassador for the National Eating Disorders Association. Ms. Schaefer is an author and receives royalties.
Non-financial: Jenni Schaefer has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Buy the Purchase Addicted to Exercise -When Movement Takes a Dangerous Turn – Nicole Garber, Jenni Schaefer Course just 36USD course at the best price at eBokLib. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Purchase Addicted to Exercise -When Movement Takes a Dangerous Turn – Nicole Garber, Jenni Schaefer Course just 36USD courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Purchase Addicted to Exercise -When Movement Takes a Dangerous Turn – Nicole Garber, Jenni Schaefer Course just 36USD courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Purchase Addicted to Exercise -When Movement Takes a Dangerous Turn – Nicole Garber, Jenni Schaefer Course just 36USD course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Purchase Addicted to Exercise -When Movement Takes a Dangerous Turn – Nicole Garber, Jenni Schaefer Course just 36USD course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Purchase Addicted to Exercise -When Movement Takes a Dangerous Turn – Nicole Garber, Jenni Schaefer Course just 36USD course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Purchase Addicted to Exercise -When Movement Takes a Dangerous Turn – Nicole Garber, Jenni Schaefer Course just 36USD course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.