Improve your knowledge with eBoklib! Purchase Purchase Behavioral Treatment Interventions for Clients Coping with Medical Illness – Teresa L. Deshields Course just 66USD Course. Get the same full content as the sales page. You save UPTO 80%. We join Groupbuy AND always try to share knowledge with more people. Especially the quality is the same as salepage. You can buy directly at salepage, with full price. (link SALEPAGE are mounted directly on the post)
Behavioral Treatment Interventions for Clients Coping with Medical Illness by Teresa L. Deshields,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Teresa L. Deshields
- Full Day
- Audio and Video
- Nov 14, 2019
Heart Disease, Stroke, Diabetes, Cancer, COPD, Arthritis and the list goes on…
Chronic illness has become rampant across the United States and no doubt it has made its way into your office. Many chronic conditions require people to undergo demanding, debilitating treatment and make incredible lifestyle changes.
Treating these clients comes with the challenge of addressing ongoing medical stressors and the accompanying depression, anxiety, and quality of life concerns.
Teresa Deshields, Ph.D., ABPP, knows first-hand how difficult it can be to navigate these challenges – she knows that treating these vulnerable individuals is serious work that demands a thoughtful, organized, and dedicated approach.
Watch her as she shares 20 years of experience treating clients with chronic illness in this compelling, practical recording.
You’ll learn specific strategies to:
- Address the psychosocial needs of clients coping with physical illness
- Assess for co-morbidity between mental health and physical conditions
- Motivate clients to undergo lifestyle changes to benefit their health
- Teach clients mindfulness techniques to cope with physical pain
- Process ever-changing thoughts and feelings related to illness
- Provide advocacy for your clients among their medical team
This cutting-edge training will take your practice to the next level!
|Manual – Behavioral Treatment Interventions for Clients Coping with Medical Illness (1.6 MB)||107 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Establishing Whole Person Care
- Formal assessments to identify physical and emotional stressors
- How to ask “What do you think is wrong”
- The client who considers their problem only medical and isn’t open to behavioral interventions
- Setting a collaborative agenda
- Addressing quality of life concerns
Psychological Distress in the Medically Ill
- Manifestations in medical populations
- Distress screening tools
- Balance efficiency with depth
- Identify changing feelings related to disease progression
- Is it really “expected” after diagnosis of an illness?
- What to do when symptoms of disease overlap with signs of depression
- Measuring depression
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy interventions
- Creating balance with ACT
- Establish an integrated approach
- Forms of anxiety that are particularly prevalent in medical illness
- Assessment measures
- Interventions when anxiety threatens tolerance for treatment
- Specific mindfulness and relaxation therapy exercises and scripts
- CBT tools to address worry and illness related anxiety
- Strategies to address: “I’m not the same physically and emotionally …”
- Tools for releasing negative and obsessive thinking
- Working with the emotions and turmoil of Anticipatory Grief
Behavioral Interventions for Physical Symptom Management
- Addressing physical issues
- Motivational interviewing to help the client process lifestyle changes
- Self-management skill development
- Strategies to minimize symptoms
- Help the client determine the what and how of symptom relief
- Addressing pain with ACT
- Exercise recommendations for fatigue
- Increase the likelihood of adherence
- CBT for insomnia
- Mindfulness techniques for nausea
- The clinicians “tool box” for symptom management
- Ensure a wide array of options
- Determine the next step
End of Life Considerations
- Quality vs. quantity of life
- Assessing patient preferences
- The difference between supportive, palliative, and hospice care
- Managing family disagreements related to treatment options
- What about family dysfunction
- Decision to withhold or withdraw care
- With clients
- Client-centered communication
- Breaking bad news with the SPIKES protocol
- With healthcare professionals
- Efficient but effective interprofessional communication with the SBAR method
- Sharing information without breaking confidentiality
- Sociodemographic changes & changes in medical care that make caregiving even more challenging
- Impact of the family caregiving on the caregiver’s health
- Caregiver psychological issues
- Prevalence of depression and anxiety in caregivers
- Relationship with client’s distress
- Financial toxicity
- Limitations of the research and potential risks
Teresa L. Deshields, Ph.D., ABPP, is a licensed clinical psychologist and clinical associate professor in the departments of medicine and psychiatry at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. She is a Fellow of the American Psychosocial Oncology Society and its past-president.
She was the manager of the Siteman Counseling Service for the Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital for 20 years. Her clinical practice is devoted to treating cancer patients and survivors and their family members, throughout the cancer continuum – diagnosis, treatment, survivorship, end of life, and grief. Her research is focused on issues related to psychological adjustment and quality of life in cancer patients and survivors.
Financial: Teresa Deshields is a clinical associate professor at Washington University School of Medicine. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Teresa Deshields is a member of the American Psychological Association.
Buy the Purchase Behavioral Treatment Interventions for Clients Coping with Medical Illness – Teresa L. Deshields Course just 66USD course at the best price at eBokLib. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Purchase Behavioral Treatment Interventions for Clients Coping with Medical Illness – Teresa L. Deshields Course just 66USD courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Purchase Behavioral Treatment Interventions for Clients Coping with Medical Illness – Teresa L. Deshields Course just 66USD courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Purchase Behavioral Treatment Interventions for Clients Coping with Medical Illness – Teresa L. Deshields Course just 66USD course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Purchase Behavioral Treatment Interventions for Clients Coping with Medical Illness – Teresa L. Deshields Course just 66USD course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Purchase Behavioral Treatment Interventions for Clients Coping with Medical Illness – Teresa L. Deshields Course just 66USD course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Purchase Behavioral Treatment Interventions for Clients Coping with Medical Illness – Teresa L. Deshields Course just 66USD course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.