Improve your knowledge with eBoklib! Purchase Purchase Challenging Geriatric Behaviors – Edward G. Shaw Course just 66USD Course. Get the same full content as the sales page. You save UPTO 80%. We join Groupbuy AND always try to share knowledge with more people. Especially the quality is the same as salepage. You can buy directly at salepage, with full price. (link SALEPAGE are mounted directly on the post)
Challenging Geriatric Behaviors by Edward G. Shaw,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Edward G. Shaw
- 5 Hours 42 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Apr 24, 2020
This is the best recording on challenging geriatric behaviors that you will ever complete – GUARANTEED! Join Edward G. Shaw, MD, MA, speaker on geriatrics for a high-energy, dynamic program filled with interesting case studies, insightful discussions and interactive learning. You will finish this recording with practical techniques that you can apply the next day!
Dealing with cognitively-impaired geriatric patients can be challenging even for the experienced healthcare professional. You will learn strategies to manage behaviors such as:
- Anxiety and depression
- Refusal of food and fluids
- Inappropriate sexual advances
If older adults are routinely under your care, minimize your risk of escalating the problems associated with troublesome, often irrational behavior by attending this program. Gain valuable insights into the causes of challenging geriatric behaviors and learn innovative and practical intervention strategies to improve the care you provide.
|Manual – Challenging Geriatric Behaviors (9.1 MB)||64 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) Certificate Instructions|
Normal Aging, Dementia, Depression or Delirium
- Normal aging changes of the mind
- Depression, dementia, and delirium
- Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Diagnose, differentiate, and develop a plan of care
- Getting a diagnosis
- Behavioral issues of early diagnosis
- Management and interventions
- Pharmacological treatments /li>
Driving with Dementia
- Driving safety
- Legal issues
- Assess driving abilities
- How to take the keys away
- Reasons why cognitively impaired individuals wander
- Is wandering a bad thing?
- Issues to consider
- Manage a wanderer’s behavior
- Identify the cause of aggression
- Loss of impulse control
- Regression of the mind/child-like mind
- Manage the problem
Inappropriate Sexual Behaviors
- Normal sexual drive or inappropriate behavior
- Cognitively impaired individuals
- Medication management
- Ethical considerations
Refusing to Eat/Forgetting to Eat
- Reasons why geriatric patients slow or stop eating
- Nutritional needs in a geriatric patient
- Improve nutritional status
- Malnutrition and dehydration
- Alternatives to eating
- Sundowning and behavioral problems in the evening
- Why does sundowning occur?
- Environmental interventions to decrease aggressive behaviors
- Medication management when it becomes problematic
- Physical, psychological, and emotional stress
- Identify caregiver burnout and ways to help
- Assist the caregiver
- Ways to identify potential falls and prevent injury
- Causes for orthostatic hypotension
- Ways to avoid using restraints
Case Studies: Learning from Experience and Mistakes
- How to manage sundowners
- Strategies to improve hygiene
- Reassurance and redirection
Empath Education, LLC
Edward G. Shaw, MD, MA, is dually trained as a physician and mental health counselor. He was the primary care partner for his late wife, Rebecca, who was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease in 2008 at age 53 and died in 2016 after a 9-year journey.
Following training at the Mayo Clinic, Ed was a practicing academic radiation oncologist for 23 years, at Mayo then Wake Forest School of Medicine. In 2010, inspired by Rebecca’s journey, his medical interest shifted to dementia diagnosis and treatment, and with his additional training in mental health counseling, he founded the Memory Counseling Program in 2011, part of the Section on Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine and the Sticht Center on Healthy Aging and Alzheimer’s Prevention at Wake Forest Baptist Health in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The program serves individuals, couples, and families affected by Alzheimer’s disease or another type of dementia.
Along with coauthors Dr. Gary Chapman and Deborah Barr, in 2016 Ed wrote Keeping Love Alive as Memories Fade: The 5 Love Languages and the Alzheimer’s Journey, which describes his moving personal story of caring for Rebecca coupled with an innovative use of the five love languages in dementia counseling. His newest books, The Dementia Care Partner’s Workbook and A Leader’s Manual for Dementia Care-Partner Support Groups, were released in June 2019.
Ed speaks locally, regionally, and nationally to audiences of dementia-focused healthcare professionals and care partners on the dementia journey. His dynamic, interactive speaking style and expertise as doctor, counselor, and caregiver resonate with those he shares with.
Financial: Edward Shaw is the founder of the Memory Counseling Program. He is an author for Companion Press and receives royalties. Dr. Shaw receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Edward Shaw has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
Buy the Purchase Challenging Geriatric Behaviors – Edward G. Shaw Course just 66USD course at the best price at eBokLib. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Purchase Challenging Geriatric Behaviors – Edward G. Shaw Course just 66USD courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Purchase Challenging Geriatric Behaviors – Edward G. Shaw Course just 66USD courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Purchase Challenging Geriatric Behaviors – Edward G. Shaw Course just 66USD course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Purchase Challenging Geriatric Behaviors – Edward G. Shaw Course just 66USD course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Purchase Challenging Geriatric Behaviors – Edward G. Shaw Course just 66USD course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Purchase Challenging Geriatric Behaviors – Edward G. Shaw Course just 66USD course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.