Improve your knowledge with eBoklib! Purchase Purchase Cross-Cultural Couples Counseling -Strategies to Navigate Multiculturalism in Racial & Ethnic Diverse Couples – Kia James, Carol-Ann Trotman, Monika Cope-Ward Course just 66USD Course. Get the same full content as the sales page. You save UPTO 80%. We join Groupbuy AND always try to share knowledge with more people. Especially the quality is the same as salepage. You can buy directly at salepage, with full price. (link SALEPAGE are mounted directly on the post)
Cross-Cultural Couples Counseling -Strategies to Navigate Multiculturalism in Racial & Ethnic Diverse Couples by Kia James, Carol-Ann Trotman, Monika Cope-Ward,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Kia James | Carol-Ann Trotman | Monika Cope-Ward
- Approx. 6 Hours
- Audio and Video
- Jan 11, 2021
If you are not bringing cultural background, race, moral beliefs and socioeconomic differences into the conversation during couples counseling, you are missing a critical step to be able to help your clients.
You may think it’s just a small disagreement they are bringing up in-session, but really the root of the disagreement could be embedded in cultural background, religious beliefs or how an individual was brought up. If you don’t help your struggling couples bring culture background/beliefs into the discussion, it turns into an argument of who is right and who is wrong and treatment progress is stalled.
Watch this workshop and learn how to provide your clients with the tools to clearly address cultural differences – even if they are addressing it for the first time individually or as a couple – so they can overcome racism, discrimination, socioeconomic, regional, educational or familial differences.
Watch three dynamic couples counseling experts Kia James EdD, LCPC, Monika Cope-Ward LCW-C, and Carol Ann Trotman LCPC that bring combined decades of experience with bi-racial, multiracial and cross-cultural couples and family counseling.
These experts will help you successfully identify, bring up and navigate cultural issues in the counseling relationship. Upon completing this seminar, you will be able to:
- Facilitate a healthy dialogue with your clients about culture and its role in their relationship
- Achieve a heightened awareness of personal unconscious biases and how those beliefs automatically influence work with couples of different backgrounds.
- Identify and define culture based on the perspective “what really matters to people” and the many ways it expresses itself through ethnicity, race and nationality.
- Improve their understanding of culture and subcultural components that impact the couplesocio/economic, religious, sexuality, gender, etc.
Purchase Today – Get the tools and ask the questions you were afraid to ask to empower your clients with your renewed confidence and cultural competency in couples counseling!
Why Culture Is Important in the Couples Counseling Relationship
- What is culture? Why is it relevant?
- Synthesizing culture & personal identity
- The clinician’s self-assessment
- Acknowledging your own cultural biases
Understanding Cross-Cultural Couples
- Understanding cross-culturalism & multi-culturalism
- Assess differences in geography/region, socioeconomic status
- Assess differences in ethnicity, religion
- Appraise differences and its impact of culture to relationships
- Conversational tools, 3-session model and other interventions
Common Differences in Cross-Cultural Counseling
- Understanding ‘cultural lens’ for you and your clients
- How to recognize outside negative attitudes (i.e. discrimination)
- How to educate your clients on each other’s culture and see their worldviews
Manage Family Confrontation and Address Racism Within the Family
- How to resolve academic, religious educational, socioeconomic differences
- How to address newsworthy, timely or political differences
- Cultural avoidance & its negative impact to relationships
Help Your Couples Use Culture as a Strength
- Assess their individual and shared culture in couples counseling
- Formulate background history, upbringing, assimilation and acculturation stages
- Differentiate between overt vs covert discriminatory practices
Couples Counseling Interventions
- Help your clients create a culture in their household that works for them
- Facilitate a thorough culturally relevant couples’ assessment
- Exercises and case reviews
Kia James, EdD, LCPC, LPC, is a Licensed Professional Counselor, an Adjunct Professor, and a Relationship Therapist. She specializes in helping people have the best relationship with their self, so they can also have strong healthy relationships with others. As a result of moving around frequently during her early years, she realized that how you view yourself in the world has a profound impact on your mental health and well-being; therefore, she dedicated her life to improving one’s mental and emotional health and creating healthy connections with others.
Dr. James provides individual and couples counseling. She also facilitates diversity training for therapists and teaches therapists how to deal with cultural diversity issues when working with couples. She graduated from Bowie State University with a BA in Psychology, and she continued her education, and gained her Masters and Doctorate in Counseling from Argosy University, also known as, The American School of Professional Psychology. Dr. James has completed the level 3 training with the Gottman institute, specializing in helping couples attain healthy relationships. She is also an approved Gottman Educator for the Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work.
Financial: Kia James is co-owner of Relationship Boosters. She is an adjunct faculty at Trinity Washington University. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Kia James has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Trotman Psychotherapy and Consulting, LLC
Carol-Ann Trotman, LCPC, holds a Master of Science in Clinical Community Counseling from Johns Hopkins University, and a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Howard University. She currently resides in the D.C., Maryland, Virginia area but grew up in New York City and was born in Barbados.
Since 1999, Carol-Ann has worked in the field of mental health and has been a psychotherapist in the state of Maryland since 2010. She has extensive experience in several settings including department of corrections, hospitals (inpatient and emergency department), outpatient mental health clinics, domestic violence shelters, and DC Core Services Agencies. Carol-Ann also has specialized training in Gottman Method Couple’s Therapy, Prepare/Enrich, and sex therapy.
Financial: Carol-Ann Trotman maintains a private practice. She is the co-owner of Relationship Boosters, LLC. Ms. Trotman receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Carol-Ann Trotman has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Monika Cope-Ward, LCSW-C earned her Master’s Degree in Social Work from Howard University, Washington, D.C. She has been a licensed therapist practicing in Maryland since 2008.
Since 2001 she has worked in private and public mental health organizations providing services in settings such as community health programs for children and adults, outpatient mental health clinics and hospitals (inpatient and emergency department) and worked for many years as an auditor/trainer of mental health providers throughout the state of Maryland. Monika has received extensive training on Gottman couples therapy methods, sex therapy and has completed the Prepare/Enrich certification for therapists. She is passionate about helping people actualize their potential and relationships.
Financial: Monika Cope-Ward is co-owner of The Relationship Booster. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Monika Cope-Ward has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Buy the Purchase Cross-Cultural Couples Counseling -Strategies to Navigate Multiculturalism in Racial & Ethnic Diverse Couples – Kia James, Carol-Ann Trotman, Monika Cope-Ward Course just 66USD course at the best price at eBokLib. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Purchase Cross-Cultural Couples Counseling -Strategies to Navigate Multiculturalism in Racial & Ethnic Diverse Couples – Kia James, Carol-Ann Trotman, Monika Cope-Ward Course just 66USD courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Purchase Cross-Cultural Couples Counseling -Strategies to Navigate Multiculturalism in Racial & Ethnic Diverse Couples – Kia James, Carol-Ann Trotman, Monika Cope-Ward Course just 66USD courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Purchase Cross-Cultural Couples Counseling -Strategies to Navigate Multiculturalism in Racial & Ethnic Diverse Couples – Kia James, Carol-Ann Trotman, Monika Cope-Ward Course just 66USD course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Purchase Cross-Cultural Couples Counseling -Strategies to Navigate Multiculturalism in Racial & Ethnic Diverse Couples – Kia James, Carol-Ann Trotman, Monika Cope-Ward Course just 66USD course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Purchase Cross-Cultural Couples Counseling -Strategies to Navigate Multiculturalism in Racial & Ethnic Diverse Couples – Kia James, Carol-Ann Trotman, Monika Cope-Ward Course just 66USD course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Purchase Cross-Cultural Couples Counseling -Strategies to Navigate Multiculturalism in Racial & Ethnic Diverse Couples – Kia James, Carol-Ann Trotman, Monika Cope-Ward Course just 66USD course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.