Improve your knowledge with eBoklib! Purchase Purchase Hot Topics for Nurse Leaders -Six Calls to Action – Karen Lee Burton Course just 66USD Course. Get the same full content as the sales page. You save UPTO 80%. We join Groupbuy AND always try to share knowledge with more people. Especially the quality is the same as salepage. You can buy directly at salepage, with full price. (link SALEPAGE are mounted directly on the post)
Hot Topics for Nurse Leaders -Six Calls to Action by Karen Lee Burton,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Karen Lee Burton
- Full Day
- Audio and Video
- May 05, 2016
Katherine, a new graduate RN, walks onto the hospital nursing unit fresh out of school and full of expectations of what she will experience as a nurse. She is eager to apply her new skills and learning, only to discover the other nurses on the floor have been there for many years and don’t especially want to spend their time training her. Some of the nurses actually tell her it will take a while to “fit in” with this long-standing group of colleagues. She hears a lot of gossiping between nurses about other nurses, and overhears nurses talking about her in a negative way. Later in the shift, she notices a nurse acting like she might be impaired, but when she asks about it, she is told to “mind her own business.” She also hears a lot of complaining from older nurses about a new computer charting system being implemented.
Gone are the days when nurses spent their shifts perfectly folding bed sheets, giving backrubs, and emptying bedpans. The role of the nurse in the 21st century has evolved and changed drastically from those earlier days. Nurses today walk into their work settings and have to deal with ever-changing technologies, conflict with patients or co-workers, and a variety of situations which require skills they don’t often learn in nursing school. Nurses of today must be able to think and prioritize care that is much more complex, while at the same time making important split-second decisions and acting as leaders and educators.
In this seminar, you will be “called to action” on six of the most critical contemporary nursing situations: Nurse Burnout and Compassion Fatigue, The Addicted Professional, Conflict in the Workplace, Nurse Incivility, Generational Differences in Nurses, and Spirituality in Nursing. You will leave this training feeling engaged and equipped with real solutions to successfully tackle these practice challenges.
|Webcast Manual (4.44 MB)||92 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Nurse Burnout and Compassion Fatigue
- Examples of burnout’s impact on patient outcomes
- Solutions for combating nurse burnout in self and others
- Dealing with work-related stress in a healthy way
- What is compassion fatigue?
- Has the art of “caring” been lost in nursing?
- Applying empathy in practice
- Priority setting skills for nurses
- Employee assistance programs and other resources
- Call to action: Formulate a plan to reach others regarding the importance of nurse burnout prevention and compassion fatigue
The Addicted Professional
- Are nurses at higher risk for substance abuse than the general population?
- Lived experience of nurses who have experienced addiction
- Shame and guilt
- Poor coping
- Increased need to control their environments
- A belief that addiction would never happen to them
- Overall research finding: Nurses in recovery feel misunderstood, judged, and desire acceptance
- Considerations when working with an addicted professional
- Identify your OWN risk for becoming addicted
- Call to action: Formulate a plan to educate nurses about risk for addiction in self and co-workers, signs to look for and how to report suspected problems
Conflict in the Workplace
- What is the cause behind the conflict?
- Conflict resolution tips for nurse leaders/physicians
- Conflict resolution strategies for patients/families
- Conflict resolution approaches to use within your team
- Conflict and emotion
- What to say and how to say it (affect)
- Putting conflict into proper perspective
- Role play: Challenging conflict scenarios
- Conflict can be a good thing
- Call to action: Formulate a plan to incorporate new conflict resolution techniques
- The impact of nurse incivility at work
- Ways to promote teamwork and elevate workplace morale
- Encouragement vs. punitive treatment— What results are you hoping for?
- New approaches to welcome nurses to the profession
- Call to action: Formulate a plan to minimize nursing incivility
Generational Differences in Nurses
- Millennials, Generation X, and Baby Boomers
- Perceptions of each generation of the other generations
- Technology impact on the generations of nurses
- Meeting the communication needs across the generations
- Vital need for collaboration and teamwork
- Draw on the strengths of each generation to promote teamwork
- Call to action: Formulate team-building across the generations
Spirituality in Nursing
- Remarkable spirituality experiences in practice
- Increasing comfort with diverse spiritual and religious preferences
- Can nurses go “too far” with influence or support?
- Call to action: Formulate a plan to support spirituality in nursing practice
Karen Lee Burton, PhD, RN, CNE, draws from extensive experiences practicing in charge nurse and staff nurse positions, focused in labor & delivery, addictions and med/surg settings. Her more recent career accomplishments include director/administrator academic roles. Additionally, Karen has taught online and in the classroom on a variety of topics that reflect her areas of interest and expertise, including: nursing ethics, women’s health, and addicted nurses. Throughout her diverse work experiences, she has taken an interest in contemporary issues in today’s nursing world and has accumulated a wealth of knowledge regarding the evolution of challenges that nurses and nurse leaders currently encounter.
Karen has received numerous recognitions over the years. Her keen insights are sought for presentations with healthcare audiences throughout the country and she has publications to her credit. Dr. Burton earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Brigham Young University, a master’s degree from the University of Utah, and a PhD in Nursing Education from the University of Northern Colorado, completing her dissertation on addicted nurses.
Financial: Karen Lee Burton has an employment relationship with Southern New Hampshire University. She receives royalties as an author for Scholar’s Press. Dr. Burton receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Karen Lee Burton is a member of the American Nurses Association; and the Utah Nurses Association.
Buy the Purchase Hot Topics for Nurse Leaders -Six Calls to Action – Karen Lee Burton Course just 66USD course at the best price at eBokLib. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Purchase Hot Topics for Nurse Leaders -Six Calls to Action – Karen Lee Burton Course just 66USD courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Purchase Hot Topics for Nurse Leaders -Six Calls to Action – Karen Lee Burton Course just 66USD courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Purchase Hot Topics for Nurse Leaders -Six Calls to Action – Karen Lee Burton Course just 66USD course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Purchase Hot Topics for Nurse Leaders -Six Calls to Action – Karen Lee Burton Course just 66USD course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Purchase Hot Topics for Nurse Leaders -Six Calls to Action – Karen Lee Burton Course just 66USD course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Purchase Hot Topics for Nurse Leaders -Six Calls to Action – Karen Lee Burton Course just 66USD course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.