Improve your knowledge with eBoklib! Purchase Purchase Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) Clients -Clinical Issues and Treatment Strategies – Joe Kort Course just 66USD Course. Get the same full content as the sales page. You save UPTO 80%. We join Groupbuy AND always try to share knowledge with more people. Especially the quality is the same as salepage. You can buy directly at salepage, with full price. (link SALEPAGE are mounted directly on the post)
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) Clients -Clinical Issues and Treatment Strategies by Joe Kort,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Joe Kort
- 6 Hours 18 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jan 20, 2020
Are you making the biggest mistake treating your LGBTQ clients? Are you pushing them to “come out”? And if you are…you could be traumatizing your clients.
I made the same mistake early in my career of forcing my clients to name and claim their sexual identity.
I didn’t know how to ask them about their sexual practices. And when I tried, I offended them.
Watch my recording and I will equip you with the right tools and up-to-date information you need in this rapidly changing population to more effectively counsel your lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning clients, and couples.
You will learn specific strategies to better treat the unique challenges your client may be facing such as:
- self-acceptance and internalized homophobia
- non hetero-normative sexual behaviors and practices
- trauma and abuse from growing up LGBTQ
- the difficult process of coming out
Also, let me help you avoid the common mistake of believing, “a couple is a couple” and treating LGBTQ couples the same as their heterosexual counterparts.
Don’t be the straight therapist that is losing LGBTQ clients because of poor intake, assessment and treatment planning. Learn how to offer your clients a safe place for therapy.
Joe Kort, Ph.D., LMSW
|Manual – LGBTQ Clients (17.92 MB)||155 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Do No Harm: Make Your LGBTQ Client Feel Safe & Respected in Therapy
- Red-flag words: Offensive words you might use (without you knowing!)
- Intake session: questions about developing identity
- Strategies to establish rapport and comfort
- Tips for discussing sex and sexuality
Talk About Sex!
- Don’t miss out on key info by ignoring the sex talk
- Top or bottom? And other important questions to ask: flexible, changing sexual preferences and attractions
- Varieties of sexuality
- Protect the client from your own biases and assumptions
- Stigma and its impact on mental health from childhood to adulthood
- 6 distinct stages with interventions
- Navigate the 3 phases of coming out to avoid isolation and alienation
- Fear, shame and rejection unique to this population
- Relationship concerns: family, friends, school or workplace
- Finding a sense of belonging in LGBTQ community
- Harmful and dangerous effects of conversion therapy
- Coming out issues
- It gets better but not before coming out
- Bullying and other safety issues contributing to PTSD
- Harm reduction adult dating apps such as Grindr, Scruff, etc.
- Risk assessment for substance abuse
- Assess for suicidality
- Finding support
- Develop a treatment plan and goals for unique challenges growing up gay male
- Accurate assessment of alcohol use with this high risk population
- HIV & STI prevention strategies and risk and harm reduction
- Generational differences informing different treatment plans
- Internalized homophobia
- Learn specific sexual terminology to avoid alienating your client
- Develop a treatment plan and goals for unique challenges growing up lesbian
- Specific terminology that is helpful and damaging in this population
- Sex and sexuality: what to know, what to ask
- Strategies to manage gender dynamics
- Internalized homophobia manifests in development
- Learn strategies to help the anxiety of bisexuals in dating and relationships
- Internalized biphobia and bisexual development from childhood into adulthood
- Compare and contrast male and female bisexuality
- Overcome the knowledge barrier
- Avoid using outdated treatment plans
- Learn and differentiate correct terms such as gender queer, gender fluid and cisgender
- Strategies to help your client tell their partner, families, friends and employers
- Tips to discuss hormone treatments and surgical procedures
- Crucial points for transgender teens medically and psychologically and how to create best treatment plan
- Avoid mislabeling a client and leading them down the wrong sexual identity path
- Differentiate between sexual fluidity from bisexuality, gay and lesbian identities
- Differentiate between sexual identity, sexual behavior and sexual fantasies
Working with LGB Couples
- Dynamics of a same gendered couple including vulnerabilities and strengths
- Coming out discrepancy causing turbulence for couples
- Recognize and identify how internalized homophobia creates conflicts
- Open relationships in gay male couples
- Sexual issues and strategies on compatibility, incompatibility, frequency and satisfaction
Working with Mixed Orientation Couples and Relationships
- Specific stages of coming out as a mixed orientation couple
- Specialized treatment programs for the straight spouses
- Helping LGBTQ spouse integrate their identity into their mixed orientation relationships
- Learn how to identify which couples will succeed and which won’t
Center for Relationship and Sexual Health
Joe Kort, Ph.D., LMSW, is a board-certified sexologist and the founder of The Center for Relationship and Sexual Health, and runs a private practice in Royal Oak, Michigan.
Dr. Kort, a therapist, coach, and author, has been practicing psychotherapy for over 25 years and has spoken internationally on the subject of gay counseling. He specializes in sex therapy, gay affirmative psychotherapy, sexually compulsive behaviors, and IMAGO relationship therapy designed for couples to enhance their relationship through improved communication.
Dr. Kort is a blogger for the Huffington Post and Psychology Today on issues of sexuality. He has been a guest on the various television programs on mixed orientation marriages and “sexual addiction.”
Dr. Kort is the author of several books, including LGBTQ Clients in Therapy (2018), Gay Affirmative Therapy for the Straight Clinician (2008), 10 Smart Things Gay Men Can Do To Improve Their Lives (2016), 10 Smart Things Gay Men Can Do To Find Real Love (2006), and Is My Husband Gay, Straight or Bisexual (2014).
Financial: Joe Kort is President of Joe Kort & Associates, PC. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Joe Kort has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Buy the Purchase Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) Clients -Clinical Issues and Treatment Strategies – Joe Kort Course just 66USD course at the best price at eBokLib. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Purchase Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) Clients -Clinical Issues and Treatment Strategies – Joe Kort Course just 66USD courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Purchase Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) Clients -Clinical Issues and Treatment Strategies – Joe Kort Course just 66USD courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Purchase Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) Clients -Clinical Issues and Treatment Strategies – Joe Kort Course just 66USD course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Purchase Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) Clients -Clinical Issues and Treatment Strategies – Joe Kort Course just 66USD course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Purchase Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) Clients -Clinical Issues and Treatment Strategies – Joe Kort Course just 66USD course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Purchase Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) Clients -Clinical Issues and Treatment Strategies – Joe Kort Course just 66USD course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.