Improve your knowledge with eBoklib! Purchase Purchase Mental Health Issues in the K-5 Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Young Students Succeed at School – Cheryl Catron Course just 66USD Course. Get the same full content as the sales page. You save UPTO 80%. We join Groupbuy AND always try to share knowledge with more people. Especially the quality is the same as salepage. You can buy directly at salepage, with full price. (link SALEPAGE are mounted directly on the post)
Mental Health Issues in the K-5 Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Young Students Succeed at School by Cheryl Catron,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Cheryl Catron
- 5 Hours
- Audio and Video
- Apr 20, 2020
As the leader of a K-5 classroom, you know more about your students throughout the year than anyone in the building (and sometimes even the parents). Your careful eye is crucial to the academic, social, and emotional development of your students – and you know when something is “off.”
Students who are struggling with mental health issues are often first identified through their behavior, which, while developmentally appropriate, makes it hard to know how to respond effectively.
Join child/adolescent behavioral expert and former educator Cheryl Catron, M.Ed., LPCC-S, RPT-S, in this compelling recording that will transform your perception of and response to emotional and behavior problems in your classroom, including:
- Tantrums and meltdowns
- Running out of the room
- Perfectionism and rigidity
- Suicidal ideation and behavior
- Sensory issues
- Refusal to do work
- Difficulty with transitions
- Disrupting others
- Irritability, lashing out, aggressive behavior
- Overt self-harm (head banging, hitting self)
- School avoidance
Don’t miss this unique training that’s sure to have you furiously writing down notes, ideas, and plans to transform your approach with the students who need you the most. Purchase today!
|Manual – Mental Health Issues in the K-5 Classroom (59.5 MB)||112 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Illinois Educators Self-study Instructions (28.5 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|Illinois Educators Evaluation Form (1.2 MB)||Available after Purchase|
K-5 Students with Mental Health Issues
- When you know something’s going on, but you don’t know what it is
- Characteristics of at-risk students
- Why children are not small adults
- How skill deficits from mental health issues create behavioral difficulties
- The difference between “can’t” and “won’t”
- How maladaptive behavior serves as protection for the child
- Common myths and limitations about diagnoses
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- What adults should never say (but usually do)
- How behavior reveals a need
- Are you (unintentionally) rewarding misbehavior?
- Kids who don’t feel bad
- Arguing with a defiant child – who is that about?
- De-escalation strategies that work
Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- The unique needs of children with ADHD
- More than a behavior problem: the neurobiology of ADHD
- How to increase confidence and leadership skills in kids with ADHD
- Decrease disruptions and impulsive behavior
- Improve transitions, social skills, and self-regulation
- ADHD medications: What do teachers need to know?
- What we know about kids who worry too much
- School anxiety – types, characteristics
- What to do about separation anxiety
- The perfectionistic student
- Drawing out the anxious student in a safe way
Depression & Mood Dysregulation
- How depression shows up in young children
- Helping students overcome helplessness
- When is it more than moodiness?
- Helping depressed kids change their inner self-talk
Trauma and Other Significant Life Events
- What the ACEs study has taught us about trauma
- The fight, flight, or freeze response in the classroom
- How to recognize and respond to traumatic stress
- What if you don’t know the child’s history?
- Incorporating trauma-informed practices into your day
Suicide, Self-Harm, and Bullying
- How we talk about suicide is important
- Head banging, hitting, scratching, and other “self-punishment”
- Helping ostracized children feel connected
- Why traditional discipline doesn’t work for bullies
- Making your classroom an emotionally safe space
Other School-Based Considerations
- Collaborating with student support staff and outside clinicians
- Working with non-cooperative/reluctant parents
- Identifying your own triggers, choosing your battles
- Discipline – IDEA, special education consideration
- Screen time in the classroom – why reward systems don’t work
- Limitations of research and potential risks
Cheryl Catron, M.Ed., LPCC-S, RPT-S, is a long-time educator and mental health clinician who has over 19 years serving students with a wide variety of academic and mental health needs. In her most recent role as a school-based mental health clinician, she provided therapy and support services for K-5 students with differing clinical issues including depression, anxiety, social skills, ADHD, and Oppositional Defiant Disorder. In addition to this, Ms. Catron also served as a consultant for and collaborator with teachers, paraprofessionals, and other school staff members. Drawing on her experience as a teacher, school counselor, and mental health clinician, Ms. Catron provided insightful guidance to develop and implement effective classroom-based strategies that facilitate improved behavioral and academic performance for students with a variety of needs including giftedness, learning disabilities, and emotional and behavioral disturbances.
Cheryl is licensed as both a Professional Clinical Counselor and Supervisor in the state of Ohio and a Registered Play Therapist and Supervisor through The Association for Play Therapy. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Secondary Education and her Master of Education degree in School Counseling & Professional Counseling from Ohio University.
She and her husband have recently founded a nonprofit organization, Foothold International, that serves indigenous communities in Kenya, East Africa. Ms. Catron is collaborating with the local government to develop community mental health response systems as well as trauma sensitivity to their outreach programs. She provides mental health training to teachers, health workers, and law enforcement personnel.
Financial: Cheryl Catron has an employment relationship with The Counseling Source. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Cheryl Catron has a family member who was diagnosed with juvenile bipolar disorder.
Buy the Purchase Mental Health Issues in the K-5 Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Young Students Succeed at School – Cheryl Catron Course just 66USD course at the best price at eBokLib. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Purchase Mental Health Issues in the K-5 Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Young Students Succeed at School – Cheryl Catron Course just 66USD courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Purchase Mental Health Issues in the K-5 Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Young Students Succeed at School – Cheryl Catron Course just 66USD courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Purchase Mental Health Issues in the K-5 Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Young Students Succeed at School – Cheryl Catron Course just 66USD course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Purchase Mental Health Issues in the K-5 Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Young Students Succeed at School – Cheryl Catron Course just 66USD course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Purchase Mental Health Issues in the K-5 Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Young Students Succeed at School – Cheryl Catron Course just 66USD course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Purchase Mental Health Issues in the K-5 Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Young Students Succeed at School – Cheryl Catron Course just 66USD course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.