Improve your knowledge with eBoklib! Purchase Purchase Multicultural Awareness & Diversity -Strategies to Improve Client Rapport & Cultural Competence – Leslie Korn Course just 66USD Course. Get the same full content as the sales page. You save UPTO 80%. We join Groupbuy AND always try to share knowledge with more people. Especially the quality is the same as salepage. You can buy directly at salepage, with full price. (link SALEPAGE are mounted directly on the post)
Multicultural Awareness & Diversity -Strategies to Improve Client Rapport & Cultural Competence by Leslie Korn,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Leslie Korn
- 6 Hours 5 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 22, 2017
I remember the first time I provided treatment in Mexico and how scary it was to realize how much I didn’t know about their culture. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to interpret signs of my clients’ distress or understand their needs.
I realized that much of my knowledge base didn’t fit for every client, especially clients of different cultures, ethnicities, religions or sexual identities. Not feeling comfortable with clients who are different from us can prevent us from delivering the best treatment.
As I spent more time in Mexico, I discovered that the skills of cultural competency can be applied across all groups. I spent more time studying my own roots, uncovering my personal biases and researching other ethnicities and cultures. Since then I’ve had the opportunity to do clinical work with several different cultural groups around the U.S.
As a result, I feel that I can treat anyone, regardless of their background. Even if I don’t know a lot about their culture, I am comfortable asking my client to teach me what is important to them.
Join me for an adventure into the world of cultural competency. Improve assessment, avoid ethical dilemmas and overcome fears. Discover how to tailor treatment for specific groups and improve rapport with diverse clients. Most importantly, dig deeper into your own identity and discover how to use who you are, to help your clients.
Gain a reputation for being the premier therapist in your community for working with diverse clients!
You may just want to watch this recording to receive 3.25 hours of cultural competency AND 3 hours of ethics. But, I guarantee you will leave with so much more. This highly engaging and experiential seminar will challenge you to explore the intersection of your belief systems with your clinical work, and allows you to become more confident as culturally sensitive clinician.
Leslie Korn Ph.D., MPH, LMHC
|Manual (2.62 MB)||67 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Cultural Competencies in Mental Health
- Mindfulness-based approach to cultural competence
- Trends in specific locale: variation and mental health needs
- Acknowledge cultural differences: terms of reference, racism and stereotypes
- Improve client rapport
- Make cultural connections
- Acquire knowledge & skills
- View behavior within a cultural context
- Exercise: Culture(s), biases and ethnic influences
Ethics & the DSM- 5®: New Guidelines for the Integration of Cultural Competencies
- Cross-cultural variations in presentations
- Cultural concepts of distress
- Assessments and diagnostic protocols
- DSM-5® cultural formulation
- Cultural factors influencing clients’ perspectives of their symptoms and treatment options
- Ethical standards for culturally competent practice
- Exercise: Cultural Formulation Interview
Overcome Dilemmas in Practice
- Working with limited English proficiency and bi/multilingual clients
- When to use an interpreter
- Intersection of religion, customs and culture
- Religious experience, counseling and mental health
- Cultural transference and counter transference
- Exercise: Strategies for working with cultural transference
Interventions & Strategies for Specific Populations
- Overview of Historical trauma/Migration
- Trauma in cultural context
- Assessments and tools
- Medications; use and belief systems
- Cultural examples of traditional practitioners & natural healers
- Integrate and adapt mindfulness and DBT interventions
- Explain mindfulness and breathing for Spanish speaking population
- Religious populations
- Mindfulness in prison video
- Exercise: Values exercise: medications/traditional healing/spiritual healing
Leslie Korn, PH.D., MPH, LMHC, ACS, RPP, NTP, NCBTMB, is a renowned integrative medicine clinician and educator specializing in the use of nutritional, herbal and culinary medicine for the treatment of trauma and emotional and chronic physical illness. She is known for her dynamism and humor as a speaker. She has provided over 50,000 hours of treatment in private practice for diverse populations. Her clinical practice focuses on providing clients effective alternatives to psychotropics. She completed her graduate education in the departments of psychiatry and public health at Harvard Medical School and her life training in the jungle of Mexico where she lived and worked alongside local healers for over 25 years. She directed a naturopathic medicine and training clinic facilitating health, culinary and fitness retreats. She is licensed and certified in nutritional therapy, mental health counseling, and bodywork (Polarity and Cranial Sacral and medical massage therapies) and is an approved clinical supervisor. She introduced somatic therapies for complex trauma patients in out-patient psychiatry at Harvard Medical school in 1985 and served as a consultant in ethnomedicine to the Trauma Clinic, Boston. She is the former clinical director and faculty of New England School of Acupuncture and faculty at the National College of Naturopathic Medicine.
She is the author of the seminal book on the body and complex trauma: Rhythms of Recovery: Trauma, Nature and the Body (Routledge, 2012), Nutrition Essentials for Mental Health (W.W. Norton, 2016), Eat Right Feel Right: Over 80 Recipes and Tips to Improve Mood, Sleep, Attention & Focus (PESI, 2017), Multicultural Counseling Workbook: Exercises, Worksheets & Games to Build Rapport with Diverse Clients (PESI, 2015) and The Good Mood Kitchen (W.W. Norton, 2017). She was a founder of the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, a Fulbright scholar in Herbal Medicine and an NIH-funded scientist, in mind/body medicine. She is an approved clinical supervisor and is the research director at the Center for World Indigenous Studies where she designs culinary and herbal medicine programs with tribal communities engaged in developing integrative medicine programs.
Financial: Leslie Korn is in clinical practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Leslie Korn has no relevant nonfinancial relationship to disclose.
Buy the Purchase Multicultural Awareness & Diversity -Strategies to Improve Client Rapport & Cultural Competence – Leslie Korn Course just 66USD course at the best price at eBokLib. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Purchase Multicultural Awareness & Diversity -Strategies to Improve Client Rapport & Cultural Competence – Leslie Korn Course just 66USD courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Purchase Multicultural Awareness & Diversity -Strategies to Improve Client Rapport & Cultural Competence – Leslie Korn Course just 66USD courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Purchase Multicultural Awareness & Diversity -Strategies to Improve Client Rapport & Cultural Competence – Leslie Korn Course just 66USD course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Purchase Multicultural Awareness & Diversity -Strategies to Improve Client Rapport & Cultural Competence – Leslie Korn Course just 66USD course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Purchase Multicultural Awareness & Diversity -Strategies to Improve Client Rapport & Cultural Competence – Leslie Korn Course just 66USD course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Purchase Multicultural Awareness & Diversity -Strategies to Improve Client Rapport & Cultural Competence – Leslie Korn Course just 66USD course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.