Improve your knowledge with eBoklib! Purchase Purchase Pediatric Dysphagia -Establishing the Brain-Mouth-Gut Connection – Michelle Dawson Course just 66USD Course. Get the same full content as the sales page. You save UPTO 80%. We join Groupbuy AND always try to share knowledge with more people. Especially the quality is the same as salepage. You can buy directly at salepage, with full price. (link SALEPAGE are mounted directly on the post)
Pediatric Dysphagia -Establishing the Brain-Mouth-Gut Connection by Michelle Dawson,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Michelle Dawson
- 6 Hours 35 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 06, 2018
For most, the ability to eat with peers in the school cafeteria, or participate in family dinners is a given. However, a significant subset of the population is unable to safely and independently participate in communal mealtime due to oropharyngeal dysphagia.
It is crucial that you as a clinician be knowledgeable and comfortable with the intricacies of your young patients’ conditions in order to maximize the effectiveness of treatment. This requires a detailed understanding of the brain-mouth-gut connection and the impact common pediatric disorders have on it. Ultimately, it is our goal as clinicians to establish these connections, and to help our patients live up to their fullest potential.
This recording is designed to educate attendees on the ins and outs of the brain-mouth-gut connection, what leads to breakdowns in this system, and how these breakdowns can result in oropharyngeal dysphagia.
Those who watch will participate in numerous breakout hands-on activities, view videos of functional based treatment, and hear raw testimonials from the parents of medically fragile children with oropharyngeal dysphagia. This multifaceted approach is designed to equip attendees with numerous take home interventions unique to the needs of their medically fragile and complex pediatric patients from birth into early childhood.
|Manual – Pediatric Dysphagia (9.67 MB)||112 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Instructions for ASHA Credit – SELF STUDY ONLY – 12/06/18 (0.03 MB)||Available after Purchase|
BRAIN MOUTH GUT CONNECTION
- How multiple systems are connected
- Development of Innovation of the systems
- Common medical breakdowns in patients
TYPICAL REFLEX DEVELOPMENT
- Progression of typical sucking patterns
- Progression of typical chewing patters
- Impact of feeding tubes on integration of reflexes
MEDICALLY FRAGILE CASELOAD
- How specific diagnoses and treatments can lead to oropharyngeal dysphagia
- When to make referrals to specialists and why
ALTERNATIVES TO PO (BY MOUTH FEEDING)
- Types, locations, implications of feeding tubes
- Disruption to digestion process and nourishment
INTERVENTIONS FOR POSITIVE AND FUNCTIONAL OUTCOMES
- Approaches focused on patient access to ADLs
- Special consideration for cultural factors & socioeconomic barriers
- Treatment and strategies for home/health base clinicians
- Interactive Activities – mini breakouts
- Video case examples of interventions and patient/family perspectives
- 2.5 year old S/P – grade 4, grade 3, grade 2 bleed(s) with an g-tube
- 15 month old exclusively breast fed with diagnosis of EOE (Eosinophilic Esophagitis) and new feeding tube
- 5 year old with autism spectrum disorder – tube fed from 6 months, post cardiac surgery
- Follow the case history of a 3 month old-4year old with esophageal atresia S/P surgical repair and a g/j tube
- Case Studies from participants
MICHELLE DAWSON, MS, CCC-SLP, has worked as an SLP for over 10 years in a variety of settings. She has served in public schools, in-patient and out-patient rehabilitative hospitals, and spent many years in early intervention. She specializes in treating medically fragile pediatric patients with oropharyngeal dysphagia and feeding disorders. Michelle is president of the South Carolina Speech Hearing Association (SCSHA). She runs her own private practice, HeartWood Speech Therapy, and guest lectures throughout South Carolina on a variety of topics, including dysphagia management for infantile spasms and sensory integration from an SLP’s perspective. She is working on her BCS-S licensure. Michelle earned her MS in communicative sciences and disorders from James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA. Treating feeding and swallowing disorders across the life span is her first love as an SLP.
Financial: Michelle Dawson has an employment relationship with HeartWood Speech Therapy, LLC. She receives a royalty from SpeechTherapyPD.com; and for First Bite: Fed Fun and Functional PodCast. Ms. Dawson receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Michelle Dawson is president of South Carolina Speech Hearing Association (SCSHA); and Council of State Association Presidents (CSAP) treasurer.
Buy the Purchase Pediatric Dysphagia -Establishing the Brain-Mouth-Gut Connection – Michelle Dawson Course just 66USD course at the best price at eBokLib. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Purchase Pediatric Dysphagia -Establishing the Brain-Mouth-Gut Connection – Michelle Dawson Course just 66USD courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Purchase Pediatric Dysphagia -Establishing the Brain-Mouth-Gut Connection – Michelle Dawson Course just 66USD courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Purchase Pediatric Dysphagia -Establishing the Brain-Mouth-Gut Connection – Michelle Dawson Course just 66USD course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Purchase Pediatric Dysphagia -Establishing the Brain-Mouth-Gut Connection – Michelle Dawson Course just 66USD course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Purchase Pediatric Dysphagia -Establishing the Brain-Mouth-Gut Connection – Michelle Dawson Course just 66USD course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Purchase Pediatric Dysphagia -Establishing the Brain-Mouth-Gut Connection – Michelle Dawson Course just 66USD course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.