Improve your knowledge with eBoklib! Purchase Purchase Play & Language -The Roots of Literacy – Carol Westby Course just 66USD Course. Get the same full content as the sales page. You save UPTO 80%. We join Groupbuy AND always try to share knowledge with more people. Especially the quality is the same as salepage. You can buy directly at salepage, with full price. (link SALEPAGE are mounted directly on the post)
Play & Language -The Roots of Literacy by Carol Westby,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Carol Westby
- 6 Hours 16 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Nov 08, 2019
Watch Dr. Westby as you learn about the vital relationship between the dimensions of play, social-emotional functioning, language and literacy.
Learn firsthand how to effectively use the Westby Play Scale – a tool that offers a way to evaluate all young children’s (birth-5 years) symbolic play skills.
Supported by 40 years of evidence-based research and organized by developmental level, this tool will breakdown the milestones children should be achieving with their play and language.
You will learn play practices and play strategies to improve language, cognitive and social-emotional skills, which are essential for literacy development and academic success, including:
- Higher-level thinking, problem-solving and creativity
- Advancing language skills and text comprehension
- Awareness of temporal, cause-effect and social relationships
- Motivation, self-regulation and empathy
- Interpreting and responding appropriately to the needs, desires, and roles of others
These intervention activities will work for all young children, but special focus will be given to interventions for children with language learning disabilities, autism, socio-economic/cultural variations and ESL.
Observing children’s play provides information about their knowledge, view of the world, and mastered skills.
|Manual – Play & Language (5.29 MB)||71 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Instructions for ASHA Credit – SELF STUDY ONLY – 11/08/19 (38.5 KB)||Available after Purchase|
Foundations of Cognitive-Play-Literacy Relationship: Frameworks for Assessment/Intervention
- Dynamic systems theory: integrating nature and nurture theories
- The World Health Organization’s International Classification of Functioning
- A performance competence framework for assessment and intervention
Social-Emotional/Cognitive Precursors to Play: Birth-17 months
- Neurotypical and atypical patterns of social emotional development
- Environmental influences on social emotional development and play
- Temperamental variations in children
- Presymbolic play
Development of Pretend Play Dimensions (17 months – 5 years): Relationship of Play Dimensions to Language & Literacy
- Theory of Mind Dimension (understanding thoughts & feelings of self & others)
- Decontextualization Dimension (reduced use of props in play)
- Thematic Dimension (from familiar to novel pretend themes)
- Organization Dimension (sequencing & planning of play)
Interventions to Promote Playing to Learn
- Set goals for playful learning
- Promote literate-style language through play
- Develop phonological awareness skills through playful practices
- Promote thematic pretend play to develop foundations for language and literacy
Carol Westby, CCC-SLP, PhD, BCS-CL, ASDCS, is an internationally renowned expert on play assessment and development in children. She is the developer of the renowned Westby Symbolic Play Scale, a research-based scale used to assess children’s social and play skills. Dr. Westby has written and implemented projects to support personnel preparation, clinical service, and research, including Project PLAY (Play and Language Attunement in Young Children), that trains caregivers to increase the development of play, theory of mind, and language.
Dr. Westby is a fellow of the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), is Board Certified in Child Language and Literacy Disorders, and has received the Distinguished Alumnus Award from Geneva College and the University of Iowa’s Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology, the ASHA Award for Contributions to Multicultural Affairs, the Honors of ASHA, and the Kleffner Lifetime Clinical Career Award.
Dr. Westby has published and presented nationally and internationally on topics including play, autobiographical memory, theory of mind, language-literacy relationships, narrative/expository development and facilitation, adverse childhood experiences, screen time, trauma, metacognition/executive function, and assessment and intervention with culturally/linguistically diverse populations. She has consulted with the New Mexico Preschool for the Deaf, which employs a play-based curriculum.
Dr. Westby has been a visiting professor at Flinders University in South Australia where she worked on a language/literacy curriculum, and at Brigham Young University where she consulted on SEEL, a systematic and engaging emergent literacy program that employs playful practice. She is a consultant for Bilingual Multicultural Services in Albuquerque, NM and holds an affiliated appointment in Communication Disorders at Brigham Young University in Provo, UT.
Financial: Carol Westby is a consultant for Bilingual Multicultural Services. Dr. Westby receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc. She is the author of numerous chapters and articles, and is published by various publishers including Jones & Bartlett and Pearson.
Non-financial: Carol Westby is the developer of the Westby Play Scale. Dr. Westby is a fellow of the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Buy the Purchase Play & Language -The Roots of Literacy – Carol Westby Course just 66USD course at the best price at eBokLib. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Purchase Play & Language -The Roots of Literacy – Carol Westby Course just 66USD courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Purchase Play & Language -The Roots of Literacy – Carol Westby Course just 66USD courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Purchase Play & Language -The Roots of Literacy – Carol Westby Course just 66USD course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Purchase Play & Language -The Roots of Literacy – Carol Westby Course just 66USD course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Purchase Play & Language -The Roots of Literacy – Carol Westby Course just 66USD course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Purchase Play & Language -The Roots of Literacy – Carol Westby Course just 66USD course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.