Improve your knowledge with eBoklib! Purchase Purchase Self-Harm, Suicide and Depression in the Schools – John Bearoff Course just 66USD Course. Get the same full content as the sales page. You save UPTO 80%. We join Groupbuy AND always try to share knowledge with more people. Especially the quality is the same as salepage. You can buy directly at salepage, with full price. (link SALEPAGE are mounted directly on the post)
Self-Harm, Suicide and Depression in the Schools by John Bearoff,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- John Bearoff
- 5 Hours 55 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 11, 2018
The school years are fraught with turmoil and strife for kids. In addition to the usual unrest, many of your students will be affected by emotional and/or mental health issues. They may present with dropping grades, decreased class participation and negative acting-out behavior. For some students, these issues escalate into more severe and complex behaviors that cause harm to both themselves and others.
These students often become emotionally withdrawn, exhibit extreme mood swings, become severely depressed and may even resort to self-harm and/or suicide. These issues pose a serious challenge to you and your school.
As an educator, you are in the unique position to identify, help and support these struggling students. This recording will examine the best strategies for identification, prevention and postvention among students with depression, self-harm and suicidal ideation. Emphasis will be placed on understanding how to detect and respond to at-risk students at the individual level, classroom level and school-wide level.
You will learn strategies, techniques and interventions to provide the appropriate support and effectively help students cope. Whether you are a classroom teacher, school counselor/psychologist/social worker, administrator or support staff, you will leave this seminar armed with tools you need to connect with and help students who most need your help.
|Manual – Self-Harm, Suicide and Depression in the Schools (1.61 MB)||48 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Today’s Mental Health Issues in our Classrooms
- Prevalence of depression, self-harm and suicide
- The first line of defense: Role of teacher & school
- Confidentiality & sharing of information
- A collaborative approach
Depression: Identify and Reach At-Risk Students
- Telltale and hidden warning signs
- Key factors determining susceptibility, vulnerability and recovery
- Emotional reserve
- Emotional resiliency
- Creative strategies to reach at-risk students
- Sorry 7 & Super 7
- Activities to enhance connection
- Techniques to increase engagement
- Classroom & school-wide accommodations
Self-Harm: Develop a Protocol for Handling the Silent School Epidemic
- Modes of self-harm: Similarities and differences
- Understanding the “why” of self-harm
- Protective factors & risk factors
- The interconnected role of addiction, self-harm & suicide
- Approaching and connecting with the student
- Strategies to support the at-risk student
- Techniques to engage the disengaged
- Methods to build coping skills
- Notifying and engaging the parents
Create a Suicide Crisis Team: Guidelines to Recognize and Respond to Suicidal Behaviors
- Recognizing the underlying reasons
- Risk factors: Low/medium/high level of risk
- Imminent warning signs – the strongest predictors
- What to do when you suspect or hear of ideation
- Approaching and connecting with the student
- Strategies to:
- Address and respond to ideation
- Cope with a suicide attempt
- Mobilize staff
- Notifying and engaging the parents
- Is suicide contagious?
Prevention Toolkit: A Guide to Help Prevent Depression, Self-Harm and Suicide
- The role of Social/Emotional Learning (SEL) in preventing depression, self-harm and suicide
- A collaborative, strategic approach to integrate SEL into the curriculum
- Empower students
- Promote connection
- Case example: Effective K-12 SEL approach to prevention
After Suicide: Postvention Plans for Schools
- Short-term strategies
- Long-term, school-wide interventions
- Minimizing risk of self-harm & suicide contagion
- Case example: Successful postvention plans
John Bearoff, PhD, has over 40 years of experience in a wide variety of settings including as a classroom teacher, substitute teacher, school psychologist, and private practitioner. This diverse background allows John to speak from a unique perspective of understanding – on all levels. John is a Certified School Psychologist and Clinical Psychologist.
Dr. Bearoff has conducted more than 300 in-service programs to school districts around the country. Topics for educators include grief/loss intervention, stress management with students and staff, crisis intervention, depression and suicide intervention and creating safe schools. John has been responsible for initiating and developing district wide programs on grief/loss intervention/postvention, student assistance programs for drug and alcohol intervention. He also created suicide prevention and anti-bullying programs for several large school districts.
In addition, John has been the chairperson for school district committees created to establish district-wide Safe Schools plans. He has also been the chairperson for multicultural awareness committees, which established school district policies relating to diversity and tolerance.
Financial: John Bearoff is in private practice. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: John Bearoff has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Buy the Purchase Self-Harm, Suicide and Depression in the Schools – John Bearoff Course just 66USD course at the best price at eBokLib. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Purchase Self-Harm, Suicide and Depression in the Schools – John Bearoff Course just 66USD courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Purchase Self-Harm, Suicide and Depression in the Schools – John Bearoff Course just 66USD courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Purchase Self-Harm, Suicide and Depression in the Schools – John Bearoff Course just 66USD course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Purchase Self-Harm, Suicide and Depression in the Schools – John Bearoff Course just 66USD course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Purchase Self-Harm, Suicide and Depression in the Schools – John Bearoff Course just 66USD course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Purchase Self-Harm, Suicide and Depression in the Schools – John Bearoff Course just 66USD course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.